In consideration to the increasing number of archers and spectators and the improvement in bow technology (making them swifter and more powerful) the organizing committee for the Yangphel Archery Tournament would like to emphasize the importance of safety above all else. However difficult the adjustment may be for some archers, we request all participants to help us keep our national sport safe and therefore enjoyable. Kindly bear in mind the safety rules we are highlighting in consideration to enhance safety.
- -One of the biggest causes for accidents in the sport of archery is the misfiring of the arrow during the time of drawing the bow and before the archer can adjust his aim. Therefore any archer whose arrow is pointing towards waiting archers or spectators during the process of drawing the bow can be disqualified by the umpire. The archer can participate in later matches if his drawing style changes sufficiently to ensure that it does not compromise safety. In such cases substitution by a reserve team member will be permitted and called for by the umpire.
- The umpire at any given time has the right to disallow an archer from shooting if the umpire decides that the person due to intoxication or any other disabilities is not in a position to fire his arrows safely. In such cases substitution by a reserve team member will be permitted and called for by the umpire.
- During the process of the game any player that misfires his bow more than once causing concern for safety can be disallowed by the umpire to play any further for that particular game. In such cases substitution by a reserve team member will be permitted and called for by the umpire.
- The archer, while shooting, is allowed to draw or sight only after his team mates and other players have left the other side of the range and are behind the safety walls.
- All the archers are required to be behind the safety wall before the archer shooting from the other side draws. Any archer that does not abide by the rule and who goes near the range to distract the archer shooting from the other side will be penalized.
- There would be no public drinking allowed including any kind of beverages, soft drinks, juices, tea, coffee or alcoholic drinks
- All team members are requested to abide by the rule of “SAFETY FIRST”.
Yangphel Archery Committee